1. What information do we gather?
1.1 We gather information that relates to, and can identify you (e.g. your name and email address) and information that does not identify you (e.g. a visitor’s behaviour patterns when they visit our website).
1.2. We collect information that does not identify you in order to evaluate our site performance/usability, ensure that our site and services run properly.
1.3. We might also collect IP addresses through the placement of cookies which means your numerical address is automatically collected when you access the website and is placed in our Internet access logs.
2. How do we gather Information?
2.1 Information is gathered in 2 ways:
(1) indirectly (for example, through our website’s technology); and
(2) directly (for example, when you provide information on various pages of the website).
3. Cookies and how we use them
3.1 A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a web server to the web browser, which enables the web server to collect information from the browser.
3.2 We use the following types of cookie:
(1) Analytics cookies that anonymously remember your computer or mobile device when you visit our website. They keep track of browsing patterns and build up a profile of how our readers use the website. We might use that information to target advertisements to you on our and other websites.
(2) Service cookies that help us to make our website work as efficiently as possible; remember your registration and login details and remember your settings preferences.
3.3 Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. However, switching off cookies may restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which the website operates.
4. How do you decide how you want to hear from us?
4.1 We always explain why and how we might contact you at the point you give your information to us. We also provide the means for you to grant or withhold your permission for us to contact you. We do this by using opt out or opt-in tick boxes. If the boxes aren’t there, it’s because we will not use your information for any other purpose than that for which you give it (e.g. to administer a subscription).
4.2 You may modify your preferences or get further information by:
Emailing us at: email@example.com
and your wishes will be honoured.
5. How we use your information
5.1 We might use your information to:
(1) remember you when you visit our website and track your browsing patterns by using cookies. You can prevent this; section 6 deals with this in more detail;
(2) ensure any products or services you receive are correctly administered (including subscriptions);
(3) contact you by email to let you know about any of our products but only according to the permissions you give us;
(4) ensure materials on the website are presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer or mobile device;
(5) collate and log numeric internet addresses to improve the website and to monitor website usage;
(6) assess and understand customer feedback and identify usage hotspots.
5.2 If you have subscribed to any of our services, we will use the information you provide to keep you updated on those services unless you have told us otherwise.
6. Managing Cookie Preferences
6.1 Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this look at the “help” menu on your browser. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
7.1 The password you provide when registering with the website is encrypted to ensure protection against unauthorised access of your personal information.
7.2 We invest in high-quality security and do our utmost to protect user privacy. No data transmission over the Internet can be entirely secure, and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information and/or use of the website. Any information that you send is at your own risk and may be read by others. However once we have received your personal information we use strict procedures both ourselves and with our suppliers to protect the security of your personal information.
8. Disclosing your information
8.1 We will not sell or otherwise share your personal information with third parties without your consent except in the case of our data service providers (who are used for example to manage your subscription).
9. Accessing and Updating your personal information
We want to ensure that we provide you with the best possible service. Please therefore always keep us updated of any changes to your personal information, for example, if your email address changes.
Email us at: contact [at] provocateur.news
- Conservative (12)
- Theresa May (9)
- Brexit (7)
- Donald Trump (3)
- May (3)
- Theresa (3)
- Independence (2)
- European Union (2)
- Boisdale (1)
- Scotland (1)
- Restaurant (1)
- Philosophy (1)
- North Korea (1)
- Kim Jon Un (1)
- Economist (1)
- Motor (1)
- Provocateur (1)
- Faith (1)
- Development (1)
- Capitalism (1)
- Kurdistan (1)
- Catalonia (1)
- China (1)
- Xi Jinping (1)
- Congress (1)
- Meditation (1)
- Universal Credit (1)
- Income (1)
- Employment (1)
- Harvey Weinstein (1)
- Hugh Hefner (1)
- Iran (1)
- Jo Johnson (1)
- Putin (1)
- Russia (1)
- United States (1)
- Lt. Gen. John Kelly (1)
- Politics (1)
- UK (1)
- Alliance (1)
- Lebanon (1)
- Europe (1)
- Hammond (1)
- Budget (1)
- Advent (1)
- Slavery (1)
- Libya (1)
- Macron (1)
- Government (1)
- USA (1)